Isn’t it just satisfying to watch a zero-turn mower power through your lawn leaving you with a beautifully manicured lawn with every ride? As great as they are, a machine like that surely won’t come cheap, but still, we know just how worthy investment it is. If you want to find out how much is a zero-turn mower, here is a price guide to help you understand what you’re going to get under a certain price range.
How Much is a Zero Turn Mower?
Zero-turn mowers cost between $2,000 to $20,000 and maybe even more. The wide price range depends on multiple factors that affect the cost of a zero turn mower. But buying the most expensive mower doesn’t necessarily mean that the quality is better. The price range mostly depends on the mowing capacity of a single unit.
Zero Turn Mowers Price List
Husqvarna zero turn price list
|Husqvarna zero turn model||Price|
- Note: The prices above are pulled directly from the Husqvarna website; thus, the price of every mower may change slightly depending on the configuration you desire and which dealer you decided to buy from.
John Deere zero turn price list
|John Deere zero turn model||Price|
- Note: The prices above are pulled directly from the John Deere website; thus, the price of every mower may change slightly depending on the configuration you desire and which dealer you decided to buy from.
Scag zero turn price list
|Scag zero turn model||Price|
|Tiger Cat 2||$12300|
|Turf Tiger 2||$16000|
- Note: The Scag prices above may change slightly depending on the configuration you desire and which dealer you decided to buy from.
Gravely zero turn price list
|Gravely zero turn model||Price|
|ZT X 915255||$3900|
|ZT X 915256||$4000|
|ZT X 915257||$4100|
|ZT X 915276||$4000|
|ZT X 915280||$4500|
|ZT XL 915262||$4700|
|ZT XL 915261||$4900|
|ZT XL 915258||$4900|
|ZT XL 915263||$5000|
|ZT XL 915264||$5200|
|ZT HD 991266||$5900|
|ZT HD 991268||$6200|
|ZT HD 991274||$6000|
|ZT HD 991270||$6300|
|ZT HD 991276||$6100|
|ZT HD 991272||$6400|
|ZT HD 991278||$6200|
|Pro-Turn Z 991282||$7100|
|Pro-Turn Z 991284||$7200|
|Pro-Turn Z 991280||$6900|
|Pro-Turn ZX 991286||$8200|
|Pro-Turn ZX 991288||$8300|
|Pro-Turn ZX 991290||$8400|
|Pro-Turn 100 991132||$9000|
|Pro-Turn 100 991133||$9200|
|Pro-Turn 100 991128||$9500|
|Pro-Turn 100 991129||$9700|
|Pro-Turn 100 991130||$9900|
|Pro-Turn 200 992267||$10500|
|Pro-Turn 200 992268||$11400|
|Pro-Turn 200 992269||$11600|
|Pro-Turn 200 992298||$11800|
|Pro-Turn 200 992270||$12700|
|Pro-Turn March One 992297||$12600|
|Pro-Turn 600 992500||$13200|
|Pro-Turn 600 992501||$14400|
|Pro-Turn 600 992502||$14600|
|Pro-Turn 600 992503||$14900|
|Pro-Turn 600 992504||$15100|
- Note: The Gravely prices above may change slightly depending on the configuration you desire and which dealer you decided to buy from.
Troy-Bilt zero turn price list
|Troy-Bilt zero turn model||Price|
|Mustang Z54 XP||$4400|
- Note: The Troy-Bilt prices above may change slightly depending on the configuration you desire and which dealer you decided to buy from.
Kubota zero turn price list
|Kubota zero turn model||Price|
- Note: The prices above are pulled directly from the Kubota website; thus, the price of every mower may change slightly depending on the configuration you desire and which dealer you decided to buy from.
Why are zero turn mowers expensive?
Many factors affect the cost of a zero turn mower, these are the three main factors that can significantly jack up the price of a ZTR mower.
Based on experience with driving multiple zero turn mowers, I can say that all have absolutely superb durable quality. Great quality comes from sturdy materials and they don’t come cheap. Whether it’s made of fully welded high carbon steel or aircraft grade aluminum, your ZTR is made of about 90% metal making it quite a pricey machine.
All z-turn mowers have a twin engine. This is what makes the engine efficient in giving you a manicured lawn. The higher the horsepower of the engine is, the higher the price.
- Mowing Deck
The size of the mowing deck also affects the price of your ZTR. If you have a larger mowing deck, you would naturally expect a more expensive mower.
What to Expect in ZTR Price Ranges?
- Low Range: Zero turn mowers under $3000
Designed for residential use, smaller ZTR mowers are ideal for properties up to 3 or 5 acres of land. They usually have a mowing deck that measures between 28 inches to 33 inches. Smaller mowing decks are faster since they’re lighter and can easily maneuver their way through tough and tight obstacles.
Low range ZTRs also have a smaller engine of up to 22HP. However, you can still find a large mower priced under $3000 given that it comes with a lower engine horsepower. To compensate for a larger mower, the engine it comes with is smaller too.
- Mid Range: Zero turn mowers under $5000
Mid range ZTRS are a cross between residential and commercial mowers. They’re powerful and can handle large properties of land without much issue. Most Zero turn mowers under $5000 have mowing decks that range from 42 inches to 61 inches. With a large mowing deck, it also needs a powerful engine to compensate for the massive cutting prowess of your machine.
These mowers are heavier and more ideal for tougher grass cutting and even more ideal for mowing sloping areas.
- High Range: Zero turn mowers over $5000
Higher-end mowers are typically upgrades of your $5000 mower. These mowers are larger and more powerful because they’re designed for commercial use. Designed with sturdier and heavier materials with more cutting blades, these mowers are perfect for fields of grass.
The mowing decks for expensive mowers range from 54 inches to 61 inches and are powered by at least a 28HP engine and usually run at least 7 miles per hour.
22 Zero-Turn Mower Example Prices
- Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1-50: $3099
- Troy-Bilt Mustang Z42: $2599
- Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1-42: $2699
- Toro 50 in. 23 HP TimeCutter: $3099
- John Deere Z345R 42 in. 22 HP: $2930
- Toro 42 in. 22.5 HP TimeCutter: $2599
- Swisher Big Mow 66 in. 31-HP: $12329
- Toro 50 in. 24.5 HP TimeCutter: $3699
- John Deere Z345M 42 in. 22 HP: $2799
- Ryobi RY48ZTR100 42 in. 100 Ah: $4199
- Toro TimeCutter 452cc: $2399
- Beast 62 in. 25 HP: $3999
- Toro 60 in. 24.5 HP TimeCutter: $3999
- John Deere Z375R 54 in. 25 HP: $3499
- Toro Titan MAX 60 in. 26HP: $5999
- Cub Cadet Ultima ZTX4-60: $5899
- Dewalt Z260 Commercial 60 in. 24 HP: $7499
- Beast 48 in. 656cc 20 HP: $2699
- Ariens IKON X 52 in. 23 HP: $3099
- Husqvarna Z254: $2799
- Husqvarna Z454X: $7999
- Craftsman Z510: $2599
Engine Vs Mowing Deck: Which Should I Consider More?
The main essence of your zero turn mower is your cutting power. When choosing a mowing deck, the most important factor should be the mowing deck. Always consider the following:
- Mowing deck size and cutting width
- Number of blades
- Height adjustments
I highly suggest that you choose a larger mowing deck with a lower horsepower than opting for a powerful engine but has a small mowing deck. You won’t need a powerful engine when mowing your lawn, you just need a great grass trimmer.
When you’re buying a mowing deck, you should always consider choosing a mowing deck that fits your needs. But one of the things you should consider is the price. This simple price guide will help you understand what z-turn mower you should get under a certain budget. With the vast array of mowers in the market, getting the right one is surely worth the investment.